Question for Steve - Dispensational Teachers?

Jeff

Question for Steve - Dispensational Teachers?

Post by Jeff » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:47 pm

This question is for Steve, but I would be interested in everyone's input as well - are there any dispensational teachers that you like (if that's even possible)?

I don't like labelling myself a dispensationalist, but it probably most accurately describes my approach to scripture (at least for now). I'm trying to get different perspectives and Steve you are definitely my favorite non-dispensational teacher. I like John MacArthur OK (except the whole Calvinist thing) and I really like Ravi Zacharias, although his area is primarily Christian philosophy and not exegesis so his dispensationalism doesn't really matter so much.

Jeff

Re: Question for Steve - Dispensational Teachers?

Post by Jeff » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:50 pm

I just now realized I posted this in the "radio program topics" section, sorry about that. I guess since dispensationalism comes up so much on the show it can be considered a radio program topic right? :)

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:22 pm

Moderator note... moved topic to Miscellaneous/Teachers, Authors, and Movements.

RICHinCHRIST

Post by RICHinCHRIST » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:46 pm

The dispensational teachers I like are ones that don't often mention their dispensationalism. :)

I listen to Calvary Chapel pastors preach because I like their emphasis on the word of God being taught verse-by-verse. Since I came from a hippy background, I enjoy listening to an old hippy named Bob Caldwell who is a pastor in Boise, Idaho. I've actually never heard him mention dispensationalism as far as I can tell. He often mentions the kingdom of God and is an avid church planter in India. He's definitely a rare breed in the Calvary Chapel sphere in regards to dispensationalism.

There is also a teacher named Damian Kyle who is a pastor in Modesto, California. He just has a great way of preaching the word, in my opinion. I know many others in the Calvary Chapel circles, but I tend to grate against their dispensationalism whenever they mention it.

steve

Post by steve » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:14 am

I woud have to agree with Rich. Many dispensationalists have been great souls and great preachers. I lose respect for their exegesis when I hear them arguing for dispensational points, though.

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Post by backwoodsman » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:01 pm

Bob DeWaay and Bill Rudge are two whose views I respect, but largely because they rarely mention eschatology. Both take a solid stand on things like the importance of reading & studying the Bible, the acceptance of New Age thought & practice and Eastern mysticism in the church, compromise with the world's values, and the like.

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Dr. Chuck Missler of Khouse.org I find to be the most accurate of teachers.
“I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views... ” Abraham Lincoln. Excerpt from a letter to Horace Greeley. 22 August 1862
= = = =
Be Blessed. We Are Loved...
cw

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”