Unbelievable? Podcast (UK)

Seth

Unbelievable? Podcast (UK)

Post by Seth » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:08 pm

Just wanted to throw in a plug for Justin Brierley's awesome UK Podcast titled "Unbelievable." It's generally an apologetics debate between an atheist and a Christian, but he also has some in-house debates from time to time, ranging from things like Love Winsto a debate about Rachel Held Evans's book A Year of Biblical Womanhood. Good stuff.

steve

Re: Unbelievable? Podcast (UK)

Post by steve » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:34 pm

It's definitely a cool program. I enjoy listening to it when I get the chance. Justin Brierley is a good host.

brody196

Post by brody196 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:25 pm

One of my favorite podcast to listen to. Justin has a real humble spirit and is very articulate.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Yep -- there are some good threads on here originating from some of those programs.

look2jesus

Post by look2jesus » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:52 am

I should thank you, Darin, for introducing me to "Unbelievable" through one of your posts here years ago!
And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowlege and discernment...Philippians 1:9 ESV

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:05 pm

There's a pretty interesting program this week on the Historicity of Jesus. Next week the same but with Ben Witherington.

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:26 pm

Adding my voice of appreciation for Justin Brierley and the Unbelievable? program - err - programme.

steve

Post by steve » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:38 pm

Hey Michelle! Where you been hiding out? You and Suzanna haven't been posting much lately, and we all appreciated both of your insights.

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi Steve! Thanks for the kind words! I haven't made it to any Southern California meetings, either, and if memory serves me (at this point that's iffy) you've had a couple of them in my neck of the woods! I guess the easiest way to explain where I've been is to say that life becomes really complicated sometimes. God is good, however. I love how trials prove that!

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:48 pm

Check out Unbelieveable's latest podcast -- NT Wright and James White discuss "Justification" and "imputed righteousness" -- White was WAYYYY out of his depth, but handled it pretty well. Wright pretty much gently but firmly accused him of being a slave to his Reformed tradition which began with Medieval misunderstandings and corruptions and challenged him and others in his group to truly practice Sola Scriptura (you can imagine how White must have reacted).

White spent the next two of his own Alpha & Omega podcasts discussing the show, but I have only heard a few moments of it -- so far, White was quite gracious but admitted he was out of his league while still thinking Wright is wrong.

Return to “Christian Evidences & Challenges”