Debates

RICHinCHRIST

Debates

Post by RICHinCHRIST » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi everyone,

I covet your prayers because I am going to be formally debating an atheist in a couple weeks. We are going to be recording it and I hope to post it on my website.

Does anyone know of a website with a list of different audio debates I can listen to in preparation? I remember seeing a website posted on this forum that had a plethora of different debates listed for download. I can't seem to find it again. Do you have any resources, or do you know of any debates that were especially worth listening to?

RICHinCHRIST

Re: Debates

Post by RICHinCHRIST » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:31 pm

Ah, I found it!

http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/audio.htm

If anyone has heard of other good debates, I'd be glad to listen to them.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:42 pm

I covet your prayers because I am going to be formally debating an atheist in a couple weeks. We are going to be recording it and I hope to post it on my website.

Hi Rich,
I'm no expert and i have no experience with this but i think if i were debating this i would not just be on the defensive trying to prove the existence of God, i would insist on an explanation on how everything created itself. Since it boils down to two choices, a Creator or the universe creating itself. Then i might wonder how a caterpillar changes into a butterfly or about the bombardier beetle and other miracles in nature, how are they explained by evolution?

RICHinCHRIST

Post by RICHinCHRIST » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:45 pm

Thanks Steve. I'm planning on focusing on the origin of the universe and the 'fine-tuning of the universe' argument. I also plan on mentioning the moral argument. But I do plan on asking direct questions that 'turn the tables' on the atheist... whenever that happens, I think it proves how weak their arguments really are.

Return to “Christian Evidences & Challenges”