Rational Response Squad

__id_1092

Rational Response Squad

Post by __id_1092 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:45 pm

What do you guys think about the Rational Response Squad?

Did anyone hear their show with Steve?

Steve how was the show with them?
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Steve

Post by _Steve » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:32 pm

Like the debate on "Infidel Guy," I was limited in how much I was permitted to say without being interrupted. I think the atheists made themselves look ridiculous.

It was like engaging in "a battle of wits against an unarmed man" [with apologies to W.C. Fields]. There was no satisfaction in winning the debate against opponents so incompetent and possessed of such unwarranted arrogance.
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

_Derek

Post by _Derek » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:49 am

I think the atheists made themselves look ridiculous.
This would be par for the course for the RRR. They don't seem to "get" the fact that all of the things they say are either straw men, or have been debunked by thinking Christians.

What bothers me about them is that they are evangelistic toward kids. They have even placed adds on the "Tiger Beat" web site.
Reason:
Derek

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
Psalm 20:7

_brody_in_ga

Post by _brody_in_ga » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:10 am

Steve wrote:Like the debate on "Infidel Guy," I was limited in how much I was permitted to say without being interrupted. I think the atheists made themselves look ridiculous.

It was like engaging in "a battle of wits against an unarmed man" [with apologies to W.C. Fields]. There was no satisfaction in winning the debate against opponents so incompetent and possessed of such unwarranted arrogance.
I agree with you Steve. And not to mention they were very disrespectful. The whole "Masterbation" thing was not called for. But this is the only style of argumentation they can utilize. Grade school playground type of arguments.
Reason:
For our God is a consuming fire.
Hebrews 12:29

_brody_in_ga

Post by _brody_in_ga » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:11 am

Derek wrote:
I think the atheists made themselves look ridiculous.
This would be par for the course for the RRR. They don't seem to "get" the fact that all of the things they say are either straw men, or have been debunked by thinking Christians.

What bothers me about them is that they are evangelistic toward kids. They have even placed adds on the "Tiger Beat" web site.
Only kids would fall for there type of reasoning.
Reason:

__id_1092

Post by __id_1092 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:57 am

I agree with you Steve. And not to mention they were very disrespectful. The whole "Masterbation" thing was not called for. But this is the only style of argumentation they can utilize. Grade school playground type of arguments.
Did you hear both shows with Steve or just one. If so where did you hear them?
Reason:

_brody_in_ga

Post by _brody_in_ga » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:36 pm

mbeckg wrote:
Did you hear both shows with Steve or just one. If so where did you hear them?
Both shows? I listened to the one on there website.
Reason:

__id_1092

Post by __id_1092 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:50 pm

Both shows? I listened to the one on there website.
RRS and The Infidel Guy
Reason:

_JC

Post by _JC » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:52 pm

I heard their interview with Steve a while back and have seen a couple of their stunts since then. They are quite "fundamentalist" and "evangelistic" toward Atheism. The RRS and their followers possess a very cult-like mentality that I'd previously only seen in religious cults. Brian Flemming says had a bad experience with Christians as a young adult and now appears quite venomous and hate-filled toward all things realted to God. Along with the other RRS cultists, all of his arguments are emotionally-driven, not rational... which makes their entire group mis-labeled. Steve kindly pointed this out to them during their debate.

It was probably around the time the twenty-two year old RRS "guru" started lecturing Steve on what the bible says that I almost spewed my coffee. It was humorous and sad at the same time. Steve was forced to point out the fact that he has been teaching and studying the bible longer than this gentlemen had been breathing oxygen, which is when he suddenly wanted to change the subject. All of their arguments against God and the scriptures are emotionalism passed off as intellectualism. Learned men and women do not fall for such antics but, sadly, most of the younger generation will no doubt be swayed. The RRS are the fundies of a new generation who can't think for themselves.

Brian Flemming was on TV the other day and made the comment that his "blasphemy challenge" was attempting to rid young people of the evils of religion. Perhaps if Brian looked at history a little more closely he wouldn't be so gung-ho about promoting Atheism. Roman Catholics murdered "unbelievers" in the middle-ages and Atheistic regimes do it today. This man has a very one-sided view of history which makes him appear, at least to me, like a cult leader.
Reason:

_saljow1

Post by _saljow1 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:59 pm

Does anyone know where to listen to this debate?

Thanks,

Sally
Reason:

Return to “Christian Evidences & Challenges”