If the Creation Model is True...

featheredprop

If the Creation Model is True...

Post by featheredprop » Wed May 01, 2013 5:13 pm

I am scheduled to give an interview in a few weeks with the local newspaper alongside a local science teacher. The topic will be creation and the origin of life. I will be presenting from the Christian/Biblical worldview, while the science teacher will be presenting from a (probably) naturalist worldview.

As I'm doing some prep and research for the interview, I thought it might be beneficial to provide a hypothesis from a creation standpoint. The hypothesis would go something like this:

If the Creation Model is true, then we might expect to find ...

In random order, I have come up with a few items:

- the absence of intermediate lifeforms in the fossil record
- the ability for variations within a species
- the presence of consciousnesses
- the presence of objective moral values
- the interdependence of some plants and animals for survival

Can anyone add to the list?

peace,

dane
"...the hope of the whole world rests on the shoulders of a homeless man" Rich Mullins

steve7150

Re: If the Creation Model is True...

Post by steve7150 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:29 pm

In random order, I have come up with a few items:

- the absence of intermediate lifeforms in the fossil record
- the ability for variations within a species
- the presence of consciousnesses
- the presence of objective moral values
- the interdependence of some plants and animals for survival

Can anyone add to the list?

peace,

Assuming the big bang is true then out of a gigantic explosion which should have created chaos we ended up with an orderly precise universe. The law of physics does not account for order out of chaos. Something or someone overode it.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Wed May 01, 2013 8:10 pm

I would like to offer an observation which one would NOT expect to find with the evolutionary model.

When a worker honey bee discovers a nectar source, she returns to the hive and perform what is called a "bee dance" on a built up wax frame within the hive. Other workers which have not been to the nectar source follow her around, and after receiving the information from the dancing bee, then fly directly to the nectar source.

The remarkable thing about this figure 8 "dance" is that if the direction the bee is moving at the centre of the figure 8 is up, then the nectar source is directly toward the sun. But if the bee is moving at a 46º angle to the left of the verticle, then the nectar source is 46º to the left of the sun! — and so on with all other angles. Now if honey bees had gone to school and learned geometry, perhaps the evolutionists could explain. But the fact is that the bees which follow the dancing bee around do not use this angle to determine the direction of the nectar source. Rather they obtain the information from the pheromones excuding from the dancing bee.

So what caused this angle rule? I don't see any way evolution could explain it. But could God have created the bees to do this in order for us to see that He himself wished to communicate with humanity concerning His marvellous works?

Here is a website which confirms what I wrote about the angles:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/bees/hivecomm.html

By searching for "bee dance" you will also find sites that state that the bees learn the direction and distance of the nectar source from the pheromones.
Last edited by Paidion on Wed May 01, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Wed May 01, 2013 8:11 pm

Nice list.

Maybe - and I'm just throwing this out - the lack of natural evidence that can explain the supernatural? ... or something like that. I don't know.
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

featheredprop

Post by featheredprop » Tue May 07, 2013 4:43 am

Thanks everyone for the input... I appreciate it!!

peace,

dane
"...the hope of the whole world rests on the shoulders of a homeless man" Rich Mullins

Return to “Creation/Evolution”