Your Church and the Offering

Homer

Re: Your Church and the Offering

Post by Homer » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:30 pm

RV,
I believe the bottom line is, those (those called to ministry at the churches I've attended) were annointed and called to ministry and at the end of the day, we're just to trust God with what they do.

I don't buy that anymore.RV

That was a bad experience you had; disillusioning I'm sure. I believe we should trust those responsible for dispursing the Lord's funds while at the same time they should be completely open about where the money goes.

It seems to me that the deacons should be placed in charge of the treasury, as were the first deacons in the Book of Acts, and if they were men of character as those first deacons, i. e., "good reputaion, full of the Holy Spirit, and wisdom" then any chance of problems would be minimal. I'm guessing few churches are set up that way.

RV

Post by RV » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:09 pm

You're right Homer and I believe that also.

I guess at this point I'd need to see those things being practiced (the things you mentioned).

I just don't want to submit to the kind of leadership that I've seen in the past.

It's so wide spread, I'm having a hard time finding a place to fellowship.

Sean

Post by Sean » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:27 pm

Just give specifically to places where you know the money will be used for the kingdom of God. Even if that means you don't give (much) to the local fellowship you are attending.
He will not fail nor be discouraged till He has established justice in the earth. (Isaiah 42:4)

christianlady2

Post by christianlady2 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:24 pm

As a church that meets multiple times throughout the year I would imagine they could have raised more money than this. They should really think about doing more fundraising and events then bible studies. The youth group should also take the iniative in creating projects on the weekend too to build up money.
Chris
[url=http://www.nationalchristian.com/]Charitable Gift Annuity[/url]

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:36 pm

Each church in my "circle of fellowship" gives two thirds of its income to "headquarters" for the support of the leading brethren who are missionaries throughout the world. My local church uses the remaining amount to pay the bills, treasurer's allowance, electricity, heat, etc. and repair of the church building. However, if a local need is perceived, such as a family in which the breadwinner has lost his job, then a portion is used to meet that need. Individuals also privately give toward local needs. My local church, although very small in number supported a family from Vietnam during those days when many Vietnamese immigrated.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “Giving/Tithing/Stewardship”