Benjamin Netanyahu, Amen.

jriccitelli

Benjamin Netanyahu, Amen.

Post by jriccitelli » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:31 am

Why can't our commander speak as clearly as this man? Is it that our commander in chief doesn't know what he is talking about, and this man does? This speech is still live at this moment. Thoughts?

TheEditor

Re: Benjamin Netanyahu, Amen.

Post by TheEditor » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:04 pm

Jesus answered: “My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.” (John 18:36-37)

Because we have a wrestling, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:12)

Come, YOU people, behold the activities of Jehovah, How he has set astonishing events on the earth.  He is making wars to cease to the extremity of the earth. The bow he breaks apart and does cut the spear in pieces; The wagons he burns in the fire. (Psalm 46:8-9)

Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but he that does the will of God remains forever. (1 John 2:17)

I try not to get too bent over politics. I used to. I used to have strong opinions on a lot of this stuff, especially after I left the JWs and realized I could have a political point of view. I still do have opinions, but my overall paradigm is that politics divides the body and is therefore a work of the flesh. So, I have returned, in that respect, to my previous belief.

Regards, Brenden.
[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

robbyyoung

Post by robbyyoung » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:36 pm

Hi JR,

Since I hold to a paradigm that places me here:

Rev 22:14-15 "Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates. Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood."

This world will always suffer the evils of man "Outside The Gates of the City". Therefore, everything we do or fail to do as Christians matter. The Sermon on the Mount is what should penetrate every aspect of society through Christians righteous living. Obama seems to be an easy target if you divorce yourself from the words of Yeshua regarding His Sermon. However, if you look at some of his policies in light of scripture, he's not that far off the mark.

How does Israel currently stack up to Christian values? One's paradigm would place Israel as something more than they really are, which would dictate policy.

God Bless.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:27 pm

Why can't our commander speak as clearly as this man? Is it that our commander in chief doesn't know what he is talking about, and this man does? This speech is still live at this moment. Thoughts?

I have the Historicist view of Revelation with my own thoughts mixed in so i think the beast of Rev 17 is Islam, so Bebe's warnings against Iran are not unexpected and i doubt he will be taken seriously.

dwilkins

Post by dwilkins » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:46 am

What do you think will happen to American Christianity if Israel is nuked?

Doug

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:32 am

What do you think will happen to American Christianity if Israel is nuked?

Dougdwilkins

Private message

Obviously all Christians will become Preterists.

dwilkins

Post by dwilkins » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:00 pm

I don't think they'd necessarily become preterists, or at least Full Preterists. Obviously, Dispensationalism would be be in big trouble. More importantly, I think a lot of people would leave Christianity. A significant number of Dispensationalists I know see Israel as THE tangible evidence that God exists and that he fulfills promises.

Doug

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:14 pm

I watched Mr. Netanyahu's speech to congress in its entirety. I was deeply impressed and touched. The Prime Minister of Israel, though naturally interested in the survival of his nation, also clearly believed that permitting Iran to develop nuclear weapons is a threat to the whole world. The vast majority of congress members stood and applauded Prime Minister Netanyahu at every poignant statement.

Contrary to accusations, Mr. Netanyahu denied that his speech was political. If you haven't listened to it, I strongly urge you to do so. You will be glad you did. Here is a youtube link to the speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRf1cdw4IAY
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:54 am

I don't think they'd necessarily become preterists, or at least Full Preterists. Obviously, Dispensationalism would be be in big trouble. More importantly, I think a lot of people would leave Christianity. A significant number of Dispensationalists I know see Israel as THE tangible evidence that God exists and that he fulfills promises

I meant my comment tongue in cheek, clearly i shouldn't give up my day job. Anyway i do suspect that Israel might be something in God's purposes but if not it certainly wouldn't affect my faith.
You are right that Dispensationalists do see Israel as tangible evidence of God's purposes but if God forbid Israel was destroyed i think they would blame Israel for not following Jesus and allowing Satan a free hand.

Return to “Worldview”