Terry Schiavo

Right & Wrong
_Damon

Post by _Damon » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:43 pm

Okay, but I'll do that in a new thread in the "Misc Theological Topics" section.

Damon
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:53 pm

Yeah, and could you explain your gladness over people in the "lake of fire" according to your description, in light of God not taking pleasure in the death of the wicked? What, do you rub your hands with glee and screech, "moohahahahahaha"?

a1
Reason:

_Damon

Post by _Damon » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:30 pm

You're not understanding where I'm coming from. I grieve at the pain that people cause others because they themselves are insensitive and uncaring. I want them to understand just how much suffering they've caused. It would be wonderful if they would repent instead, but failing that, they deserve to know and feel the pain that they've inflicted on others.

Damon
Reason:

_Damon

Post by _Damon » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:43 pm

Ready for the latest and greatest in the "right to die" arena? Here's a story about a woman who is being denied sustenance, who is neither in a vegetative state or terminally ill.

Scary, innit?

Damon
Reason:

_conceptualizer

troubling water

Post by _conceptualizer » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:42 pm

Damon, Thanks for you conversations; This is a snippet from another posts in which I mentioned blame. Now I can read just as you can, but I can not vouch for anyones clear authority here. I do not know what their agendas are, the 'story' is hardly enough information for me to go running for rocks or slandering people I have never met.

I would have falsely accused people, and seeing my error made things harder for me afterward than if I had held my piece, and waited for the truth to revel itself. The movement is towards legal euthanasia, is almost two centuries old now. What's is going on now is the last of window dressing theater for the masses (See Dr. Peter Seger U.Harvard Ethics chair dept.) Now that is scary.

I have no difficulties saying that man is a killer, though never with his own hand. His writing are influential in Ethics departments of universities around the world. He IE. higher education has been encouraging euthanasia very actively since the 1950s. Don't you remember Karen Ann Quinlan. I was just a kid but that made an impression on me. There are all sorts of new 'human centric' programs to 'deal with those would be perpetual drains' 'on the rest of us.'

I read what he suggests we should be doing, and I see it being done by people he has had access to and influence over. It may be that the husbands motives were wrong, and he spoke his mind, but did nothing, others hearing these things....

The neck is an easy thing to injury, sadly hundreds of thousands do it each year, were there bruises consistent with choking, whose finger prints on the needles, any pictures of the needle marks, a blood sample that looks at more than sugar level, where are these things? Convulsions, yes I have seen them before, they can happen for no discernible reason.

Of course there are reasons but understanding cause and effect is a hands on game, by standers are only guessing. This is in fact what I mean, by it is easy to blame people. You could be right, and that would be terrible.

But unless you are in a position to examine the truth of the situation, your talk could be directed toward an innocent man. It needs to be the truth that talked about, otherwise some people end up guilty by opinion, or worse allowed to work their mischief, well the people are off hanging someone else.

I am not trying to hang anything on you. I have falsely accused others, that is my grief. I see this as an opportunity to highlight what I see as a problem, on the path to doing good. I would want someone to investigate this, with great discreation, and then deal with the facts. I only need to know it does happen.
Reason:

_Anonymous

More on Terri's sad case

Post by _Anonymous » Tue May 24, 2005 3:53 am

I hope that the Terri Schaiavo issue is not one that will be soon forgotten about by Christians... this is some weeks after she died, and already I hear little about it. Though this is late, some might like to look at www.theempirejournal.com.
Reason:

_periwinkler

Post by _periwinkler » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:30 pm

Damon wrote:Ready for the latest and greatest in the "right to die" arena? Here's a story about a woman who is being denied sustenance, who is neither in a vegetative state or terminally ill.

Scary, innit?

Damon
That is scary. I've been listening to a book on tape recently. It's a Malcom Muggeridge book and he talks about turning a certain age in the UK and being put on the DNR list (do not rescusitate) just because of his age-- nothing to do with his health. And this is back in the 1960s!
Reason:

Return to “Ethics”