Should we observe all the commands from Jesus' ministry?

dizerner

Re: Should we observe all the commands from Jesus' ministry?

Post by dizerner » Wed May 11, 2016 3:12 pm

JacobMartinMertens wrote:Jesus is the only person to observe it perfectly, and He has saved me.
You can't have BOTH Jesus and the Law. You can't claim Jesus as your Savior card, if you want to run back to the Law as an essential part of salvation. Scripture is black and white clear on this (study Galatians and Hebrews). If you are doing this, you are fallen from grace and you have rejected Christ's work on the Cross. He won't be "half a Savior" combined with Judaism.

You who are trying to be justified by the Law have been severed from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

dizerner

Post by dizerner » Wed May 11, 2016 3:13 pm

JacobMartinMertens wrote:I am not beyond learning.
SHOW people that. It's easy to claim. You've rejected a lot of Scriptures, that's not "learning."

JacobMartinMertens

Post by JacobMartinMertens » Wed May 11, 2016 3:16 pm

dizerner wrote:You can't have BOTH Jesus and the Law. You can't claim Jesus as your Savior card, if you want to run back to the Law as an essential part of salvation. Scripture is black and white clear on this (study Galatians and Hebrews). If you are doing this, you are fallen from grace and you have rejected Christ's work on the Cross. He won't be "half a Savior" combined with Judaism.

You who are trying to be justified by the Law have been severed from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.
We have the new covenant by Judaism. It is not a Christian invention. The new covenant is in Jesus.

I believe the Law of Moses is God's Law. This is according to the old covenant.

Salvation is by grace through faith and not of works.

Do you obey any of God's commands? Do you know the Law shows you as guilty before God?

What commands of God do you obey or do you believe you or all Christians should obey?

Is it possible to be saved but not be obedient to God at all?

Salvation is not by obedience. But those who are saved are obedient to God.
John 1:41, 49 NASB - 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

JacobMartinMertens

Post by JacobMartinMertens » Wed May 11, 2016 3:18 pm

dizerner wrote:
JacobMartinMertens wrote:I am not beyond learning.
SHOW people that. It's easy to claim. You've rejected a lot of Scriptures, that's not "learning."
I have already accepted all of scripture in all translations. Should that be established first? I believe this is a site where people believe the Bible. We ask questions to learn about it and bring about the salvation of others.
John 1:41, 49 NASB - 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

morbo3000

Post by morbo3000 » Wed May 11, 2016 3:20 pm

Jacob just wrote this to me:
You have just slandered me and spoken against God's Holy Law. This is not grace on your part. If I have injured you in any way please accept my apology. If you are rebelling against God's Law who will tell you?
This is exactly what I described. When the wolf and thief in the church are called out for their behavior, they always back pedal into accusing the shepherds of not having grace. And that they are rebellious against God. Always!

I'm not a shepherd. And this is not a church. I've just experienced this so many times as both a pastor, and church member. This must never be tolerated. No more how much the wolf protests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

dizerner

Post by dizerner » Wed May 11, 2016 3:31 pm

JacobMartinMertens wrote:We have the new covenant by Judaism. It is not a Christian invention. The new covenant is in Jesus.
Judaism is the Old Covenant, not the New.
Jesus fully affirmed it and the Word of God is inspired. I also believe 100% Moses' Law is God's Law.
This is the part you are currently denying. You claim not to deny it, then you doublespeak.

Remember when Obama said we would not be mandated healthcare and that separated him from Hillary?

That's the same thing as you saying you don't believe we are saved by Law but we MUST obey and keep God's commands.
Do you obey any of God's commands?
Jesus is my Torah-keeper and I cannot attain sinless perfection which the Law demands. Whatever grace and life Jesus works through me will produce love for God and man. Outward obedience to Torah will not produce one right inner attitude.
Do you know the Law shows you as guilty before God?
Yea... :( ...once one knows that, one will never run back to the Law again, it only condemns.
What commands of God do you obey or do you believe you or all Christians should obey?
Whatever grace and life Jesus works through me will produce love for God and man. Outward obedience to Torah will not produce one right inner attitude.

Jesus is my Savior, not the Law of Torah which condemns me to hell for breaking one infraction (James 1).
One must have faith in Jesus as Savior, not faith in one's obedience to God's commands. Those soteriological systems are diametrically opposed (works vs grace).
I don't think your current theological framework clearly differentiates these points. You are mixing Law and Grace and I fear for your salvation and question your regeneration.

bless
Last edited by dizerner on Wed May 11, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

morbo3000

Post by morbo3000 » Wed May 11, 2016 3:31 pm

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Don't_feed_the_Troll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

JacobMartinMertens

Post by JacobMartinMertens » Wed May 11, 2016 3:36 pm

dizerner wrote:
JacobMartinMertens wrote:We have the new covenant by Judaism. It is not a Christian invention. The new covenant is in Jesus.
Judaism is the Old Covenant, not the New.
Jesus fully affirmed it and the Word of God is inspired. I also believe 100% Moses' Law is God's Law.
This is the part you are currently denying. You claim not to deny it, then you doublespeak.

Remember when Obama said we would not be mandated healthcare and that separated him from Hillary?

That's the same thing as you saying you don't believe we are saved by Law but we MUST obey and keep God's commands.
Do you obey any of God's commands?
Jesus is my Torah-keeper and I cannot attain sinless perfection which the Law demands. Whatever grace and life Jesus works through me will produce love for God and man. Outward obedience to Torah will not produce one right inner attitude.
Do you know the Law shows you as guilty before God?
Yea... :( ...once one knows that, one will never run back to the Law again, it only condemns.
Whatever grace and life Jesus works through me will produce love for God and man. Outward obedience to Torah will not produce one right inner attitude.

Jesus is my Savior, not the Law of Torah which condemns me to hell for breaking one infraction (James 1).
One must have faith in Jesus as Savior, not faith in one's obedience to God's commands. Those soteriological systems are diametrically opposed (works vs grace).
I don't think your current theological framework clearly differentiates these points. You are mixing Law and Grace and I fear for your salvation and question your regeneration.

bless
The new covenant was for the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

Obeying God's commands does not negate the shed blood of Jesus.

dizerner

Post by dizerner » Wed May 11, 2016 3:41 pm

JacobMartinMertens wrote:
The way you are using it, the Bible says IT DOES negate the blood of Jesus. That is where you are neither LEARNING nor LISTENING.

I do not believe you are a troll. I believe legalistic evil spirits are deceiving you and driving you constantly into Law where you will be condemned and fall short.

I can only pray and preach Scripture. If you close your ears and won't listen to the light, I will only be reinforcing your error.

The balls in your court now. Don't add the demand, the must, the "have to," the LAW, and mix it with Jesus. It won't save.

JacobMartinMertens

Post by JacobMartinMertens » Wed May 11, 2016 3:46 pm

dizerner wrote:
JacobMartinMertens wrote:
The way you are using it, the Bible says IT DOES negate the blood of Jesus. That is where you are neither LEARNING nor LISTENING.

I do not believe you are a troll. I believe legalistic evil spirits are deceiving you and driving you constantly into Law where you will be condemned and fall short.

I can only pray and preach Scripture. If you close your ears and won't listen to the light, I will only be reinforcing your error.

The balls in your court now. Don't add the demand, the must, the "have to," the LAW, and mix it with Jesus. It won't save.

I am justified by Jesus, not the Law. This in no way means that a saved believer should not obey God.

Return to “General Bible Discussion”