Demonic oppression recently

Angels & Demons
jaydam

Demonic oppression recently

Post by jaydam » Tue May 24, 2016 10:14 pm

A few weeks ago, I was at my physical therapist who treats me for my military related injuries. I have seen her off and on for many years. I know she is into yoga and other spiritual type stuff, but it has never come up. She knows that I am a Christian, we have our therapy appointments, and there has never been an issue.

At this last appointment, we finished early, and I still had about 10 minutes left in my one hour block. She told me that she had been learning craniosacral massage recently, and asked if I wanted to try it. She explained that it is relaxing scalp massage, and she has been thinking of moving into using it as therapy for veterans with PTSD. I said I'd try it.

Physically, it felt nice. I suppose who wouldn't like a scalp massage. But halfway through I suddenly felt extreme discomfort in my spirit and mind, it was almost physical it was so strong. I began to pray, not knowing what was going on. The massage still felt physically good.

After the massage, she asked how it was, and I told her it felt good. She then went on to tell me how the massage technique incorporates a spiritual aspect to it and she uses energy connections while giving the massage. There was more to it than that, but I don't remember it all. It made me realize why I might have felt spiritual discomfort.

I left the appointment feeling physically great, but spiritually off. I could not put my finger on it. From that evening, and over the next several weeks I experienced the worst intrusive thoughts I have had in years (new things, but mostly attacking my weak points from my old life - drugs, alcohol, and sex cravings). Crazy thoughts and urges battled me, to the point I feared I would give in! I began to pray constantly, my sleep was off, even my wife commented about how worn out I was looking. I felt exhausted, and noticed I began to be short with people and angry. Additionally, my mind became cloudy, and I found myself struggling with reading and discerning the Bible.

I just continued to pray, and push on in life. Given that I was mentally not able to study much, I turned to finishing an office I am building in my house. The manual labor was easier, and the whole time I spent praying and fighting in my head as I was having intrusive thoughts 24/7 at this point.

Finally, late last week, things began to breakthrough it seemed, and a couple of interesting things happened. First, I went to a lumber yard on Saturday to get some things for the office, and I was lost in my head. When I pulled up, there was an employee there who was Native American. He asked me as soon as I got out of my truck if I was a cage fighter, to which I said no. He told me he thought I was because he saw me using my warrior spirit to subdue my enemy. I told him thanks for the word about having a warrior spirit and walked away.

That next morning I went to church with zero oppressive thoughts for the first time in weeks, but feeling exhauseted physically and spiritually. There is a woman at church who is deeply into Bethel and the word of faith doctrines. I don't know her, but just know of her. Never spoken to her. She came up to me after service and asked if she could talk to me. I said sure, and she told me that she had seen my face last night while doing dishes, and God had told her to give me a word and pray for me. In a nutshell, her word was that my recent battle was part of equipping me and continuing to strengthen my weak spots for the work God has ahead for me, and then she prayed for a refreshing of my spirit and strength.

A few thoughts come to mind about my recent experience.

1. I am disappointed that it did not occur to me to share what I was going through and get more people to pray for me. Rather I hunkered down and fought alone.

2. Also, it challenges me, that a seemingly accurate, refreshing, and geneuine word of God comes not only through a stranger (that part makes it seem more legit), but through a woman whose doctrines I believe are in serious error as I overhear her all the time speak of claiming and professing healing, and all the word of faith/Bethel ideas.

3. How shocking that an innocent encounter can somehow invite a demonic onslaught.

In regards to my disappointment that I did not respond by reaching out, I have chosen to ensure I move a couple of close friends into a prayer group that prays for each other, and keeps each other accountable to share what we are going through. This way, even if it does not occur to me to reach out to them, they reach out to me.

As for the woman who gave me the word. I don't believe my other friends who I have that I believe their doctrine is sound would be open to the idea of such a thing, so that might be why God did not use them. He used the vessel who is willing and open to the idea. I'm not sure, but that's where I am at for now.

With the last thought, I'm not sure what else to think other than its just the way it is. Its a bit eye opening.

I share this for those who find it interesting, or may wish to weigh in, and I believe my encounter with the Bethel follower lends itself to balance out my Bethel thread, that it might be that regardless of their errors in some doctrines, they hear from God.

dizerner

Re: Demonic oppression recently

Post by dizerner » Tue May 24, 2016 10:56 pm

interesting. impartation through laying on of hands.

crgfstr1

Post by crgfstr1 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:44 am

Jaydam, thank you for sharing. There is a lot in the bible on how our side of the fight works. I don't know much about how pagan, witch craft, etc. works but it seems to be effective too. It seems we get what we or others ask for good or bad even if there were good intentions on the part of the therapist.

It is interesting to me that spiritual people seemed tuned into the spiritual world whether they are right or wrong in their doctrine. Many Native American's were historically very spiritual people.

I get massages from time to time for my neck and lower back issues. These come from working on computers, not using good posture and driving long a very long way to work. I pray through my massages because I know most of the people involved have very Pagan believes and see massage as spiritual. I got trained in massage and part of the class they showed us angel cards. Many believe in rakhi which is a purely spiritual type of massage. As a Christian are we to avoid these types of people? Jesus didn't but he was far stronger than we are. Sense you were praying through the treatment did she experience a similar response but for our side?

From your points:
1. I don't ask people to pray for me. I generally avoid asking people to do things for me unless it is part of my work. After all there are more important people to pray for with more important issues to deal with. This may be wrong thinking but it is where I am at. I was/am too proud and need to be more humble and poor in spirit. Pride I believe is what I am fighting most now so balance isn't called for right now.

2. This challenges me too. I went to a two year old's birthday party recently. The family has always been very spiritual rather than focusing on one religion seeing all morality as good. The mother of the child was renting a room from a family that have basically a spiritual retreat. They all seem like very nice and loving people. Very kind heart-ed and relaxed. The type that would give you there coat off their back if they thought you needed it. At the same time though I think they would have sex with you too if that is what you wanted (though that may have been my own suspicions talking). Most Buddhists and Hindu who are very spiritual and even devout Muslims can be very good people compared to some Christians in terms of love for their brother and their enemy. Very Christian in character and deed but absolutely lost on doctrine. This perplexes me.

3. God does work in mysterious ways. From a spiritual aspect it may not have been quite as innocent as we believe. It seems you learned and grew through the experience though it was troubling. Maybe this is all part of the spiritual warfare and all part of God's plan.

steve

Post by steve » Wed May 25, 2016 12:10 pm

3. How shocking that an innocent encounter can somehow invite a demonic onslaught.
The most shocking example of demon possession that I have had occasion to observe close to home was that of a young Christian woman, about 23 years old, who was the daughter of a Christian couple that I know well. They lived in Santa Cruz, where I lived at the time. This young woman, still living at home with her parents and six siblings, suffered from a chronic impairment in her hands, which doctors had not been able to diagnose nor effectively treat. She read online of a woman in Santa Cruz who practiced something called the "Alexander Technique"—something of which she had never heard. It was claimed to have remarkable results in cases similar to hers, so she went to see the woman. The technique involved physical touch, and the transmission of "energy."

Within days of this procedure, the young woman became severely insane. She thought she was a bat, and disrupted the Sunday morning service at the megachurch where she and her family had attended for some time. For several months she continued to suffer delusions, including thinking she was a man, and attempted to jump out of a second-story window, wildly raving and showing feats of seemingly super-human strength, when others sought to restrain her. She had to be detained indoors for four months for her own safety. She did not seem to have a lucid or rational moment during that period. Anyone familiar with demon possession will know that these phenomena are not uncommon in such cases. She was eventually delivered by prolonged prayer and fasting. She has now been sane for several years. Ironically, she has since become involved in the Bethel movement.

Jepne

Post by Jepne » Wed May 25, 2016 8:10 pm

How I appreciate these accounts. Thank you or taking the time to write them for our edification.

''As a Christian are we to avoid these types of people? Jesus didn't but he was far stronger than we are.''

He told Peter straight out when Peter was of the wrong spirit.

I lived in Santa Fe for years when I first knew the Lord and purposed to show love to everyone - many of whom were into occult practises. But, we are to be wise about whom to allow to touch us, especially not to take an attitude of submission to them.

I would love to hear the response to this question: ''Since you were praying through the treatment did she experience a similar response but for our side?''
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

jaydam

Post by jaydam » Wed May 25, 2016 11:10 pm

dizerner wrote:interesting. impartation through laying on of hands.
I don't know if it would meet the term impartation, but I would believe something from her certainly clung to me. I don't know if it was the laying on of hands, whatever meditation she was apparently doing while performing the massage, or any combination of the two.

With physical therapy work she has certainly touched me many times over the years, but nothing has ever happened from the contact previously.

jaydam

Post by jaydam » Wed May 25, 2016 11:27 pm

crgfstr1 wrote:Jaydam, thank you for sharing. There is a lot in the bible on how our side of the fight works. I don't know much about how pagan, witch craft, etc. works but it seems to be effective too. It seems we get what we or others ask for good or bad even if there were good intentions on the part of the therapist.

It is interesting to me that spiritual people seemed tuned into the spiritual world whether they are right or wrong in their doctrine. Many Native American's were historically very spiritual people.
I agree. That is why it intrigued me that the Indian made a comment. He was obviously into spiritual matters if he was open to talking about what he sensed of my spirit.
I get massages from time to time for my neck and lower back issues. These come from working on computers, not using good posture and driving long a very long way to work. I pray through my massages because I know most of the people involved have very Pagan believes and see massage as spiritual. I got trained in massage and part of the class they showed us angel cards. Many believe in rakhi which is a purely spiritual type of massage.
I purposefully have not gone to any practitioner who discusses in person or on their website about spirit or energy matters in healing or whatnot. I've gone to this woman for years, and no such talk has ever come up in regards to treatment plans. It has always been very clinical. Although from decorations in her office, and some things she has said about herself personally I knew she was into new age ideas. Until my last appointment, she had never brought any of it in to her medical work.
As a Christian are we to avoid these types of people? Jesus didn't but he was far stronger than we are. Sense you were praying through the treatment did she experience a similar response but for our side?
I wouldn't avoid her, even after the events that transpired. But I will not be putting myself under her treatment any longer. I have no worry about her as a person, and having had her as a physical therapist for a few years now, I sense no ill will with her.

I don't think she may even know what is going on. Perhaps I can chalk up my experience to almost a spiritual allergic reaction. To the nonbeliever, nothing would have happened anyway. To her, nothing is wrong either. But as soon as you place my spirit into the mix, things become combustible. I don't know for sure.

Regardless, I do not view her as a threat, and would even consider her an ignorant channel who does not know what she is really dealing with when she thinks of energy and meditation. So, I would have no problem with her, and would not avoid her.

As for how she reacted, I saw no reaction. She seemed to go on as normal. Again, this is why I would perhaps chalk her up to more of an ignorant vessel than an active participant in a spiritual matter - she did not know one way or the other what was going on.

But I can't say for sure there was not a reaction, and it was at the conclusion of our session, so I walked out 2 minutes afterwards and haven't spoken with her since. I will say that she usually texts me by now to look at scheduling another appointment and she has not contacted me yet. But while not the norm, it has happened before - so who knows.

jaydam

Post by jaydam » Wed May 25, 2016 11:37 pm

steve wrote:
The most shocking example of demon possession that I have had occasion to observe close to home was that of a young Christian woman, about 23 years old, who was the daughter of a Christian couple that I know well. They lived in Santa Cruz, where I lived at the time. This young woman, still living at home with her parents and six siblings, suffered from a chronic impairment in her hands, which doctors had not been able to diagnose nor effectively treat. She read online of a woman in Santa Cruz who practiced something called the "Alexander Technique"—something of which she had never heard. It was claimed to have remarkable results in cases similar to hers, so she went to see the woman. The technique involved physical touch, and the transmission of "energy."

Within days of this procedure, the young woman became severely insane. She thought she was a bat, and disrupted the Sunday morning service at the megachurch where she and her family had attended for some time. For several months she continued to suffer delusions, including thinking she was a man, and attempted to jump out of a second-story window, wildly raving and showing feats of seemingly super-human strength, when others sought to restrain her. She had to be detained indoors for four months for her own safety. She did not seem to have a lucid or rational moment during that period. Anyone familiar with demon possession will know that these phenomena are not uncommon in such cases. She was eventually delivered by prolonged prayer and fasting. She has now been sane for several years. Ironically, she has since become involved in the Bethel movement.
I'm glad I didn't go insane - or anymore than I already might be. :)

When she was delivered, did she still have the chronic problem?

Why do you think she went insane under the treatment when the woman likely performed the same energy style healing many times with no such issues?

Just having been under what I could only describe as thought attack with intrusive thoughts, what do you think makes the difference that places one under possession like the woman you describe or under aggressive attack? In other words, what makes it so demons can possess her, but not me, but we were believers?

jaydam

Post by jaydam » Wed May 25, 2016 11:47 pm

Jepne wrote:How I appreciate these accounts. Thank you or taking the time to write them for our edification.

''As a Christian are we to avoid these types of people? Jesus didn't but he was far stronger than we are.''

He told Peter straight out when Peter was of the wrong spirit.

I lived in Santa Fe for years when I first knew the Lord and purposed to show love to everyone - many of whom were into occult practises. But, we are to be wise about whom to allow to touch us, especially not to take an attitude of submission to them.

I would love to hear the response to this question: ''Since you were praying through the treatment did she experience a similar response but for our side?''
You're welcome for the telling of what happened. I believe I responded to your question above in another reply. I could not tell that she experienced anything from her side.

dizerner

Post by dizerner » Thu May 26, 2016 6:20 am

jaydam wrote:
dizerner wrote:interesting. impartation through laying on of hands.
I don't know if it would meet the term impartation, but I would believe something from her certainly clung to me. I don't know if it was the laying on of hands, whatever meditation she was apparently doing while performing the massage, or any combination of the two.

With physical therapy work she has certainly touched me many times over the years, but nothing has ever happened from the contact previously.
might be a good avenue to witness to her

Return to “Angelology & Demonology”