Guard Against Unbelief

Angels & Demons
RICHinCHRIST

Guard Against Unbelief

Post by RICHinCHRIST » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:46 pm

I was recently talking to a gangster from New Jersey and felt led to confront the man because it seemed as though he was manifesting demons. He would laugh uncontrollably and the man had no control over his thought processes.

The man said he believed in Jesus and that he knew God. I told him that if he really believed that he should say that Jesus is Lord and tell his testimony to Satan. It's interesting the kind of responses you get when you say that to someone. At first he just scoffed, but then there was a moment where his voice changed and he said "Who is this"? I started shaking in my boots over that response. I didn't have enough faith to cast it out. It was pretty discouraging but invigorating at the same time. Just thought I'd share and remind you all to be on guard against unbelief...

Jill

Post by Jill » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:42 pm

Last edited by Jill on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RICHinCHRIST

Re: Guard Against Unbelief

Post by RICHinCHRIST » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:49 pm

Jill wrote:Sounds like he might have been spun on Meth or something and I'll bet he would have enjoyed praying with you, you being the sober lead. Not believing may not be at fault, but certainly your time and kindness was noted for sure. It might have been a form of scizophrenia and he may have found only rejection and condemnation in the public eye. The adversary can be so cruel to the lonely and street worn.

I probably should share the second half of my story as well. After I was afraid, I thankfully did not give up. I continued to talk with the man, and shared a simple gospel message with him. Then I sensed the Holy Spirit's strength (beyond my own) which enabled me to tell the demon to leave in Jesus' name. After our conversation the man left saying, "I believe in God now". It was a bizarre thing because he initially told me he believed in God but this time it was different. Only God knows what kind of fruit may come of my attempts. All glory to Him!

Return to “Angelology & Demonology”