demon craze?

Angels & Demons
_glow

demon craze?

Post by _glow » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:27 pm

Over my years so far as a Christian I believe I have come across particular times when it seems like groups of Christians seem to collectively band together on certain subjects and run with them. One in particular i have felt uncomfortable with is demons and deliverance. I went so far as to attend meetings and bible studies on it and actually "went" through a delivernace experience myself. I can't deny I didn't experience certain physical or emotional things but they also were all preplanted in my concious mind before the actual deliverance event. I seemed to witness one after another.of these occurances of all the Christians around me at the time. It seems to me people can get decieved by their own leaders and followers and "make up" alot of this stuff and then you end up being held in fear or experience mass hysteria . Now it seems I am reading and seeing more of this related to what is called soul ties. And how you need deliverance from them including if you are still"missing" a loved one who is dead. My husband died and went to his eternal home with our savior 3 years ago. I still miss him and feel his loss at times, we were together 31 years ! !. According to some of these men whos ministry is "deliverance" I need to be delivered. What do you folks out there have to say regarding your thoughts and experiences with soul ties, deliverence etc and demons. Thanks for any and all answers . I am really glad and blessed to have come across this site. Glow
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Anon

soul ties

Post by _Anon » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:08 am

I wasn't raised in the charismatic/pentecostal circles, though I frequent them now and again now, so when I came across the idea of soul ties, it was with much interest because it was new to me. I mean, if these things were so, and God didn't want you to have them, who wouldn't try to rid them? As I studied for myself, I found that the concept of "soul ties", much like the concept of "generational curses" is based off of a few verses lifted out of passages that really have nothing to do with those kind of things. I think that because it sounds spiritual, people tend to be into it. Spirituality, even in the secular world, is an object that people try to obtain. Godliness, when accumpanied with contentment, we know is much gain. They are fundamentally different though. Soul ties, I believe, runs contrary to the message of the cross. Essentially, surrendering to the Lordship of CHrist and his finished work isn't enough, they say that His sacrifice and His obedience, even unto death, wasn't enough to free you from these horrible things that many of us have done in the past, myself included. Repentence isn't enough in their eyes, and God doesn't really forgive you, fill you, and sanctifiy you. He holds your past against you in their eyes. It is heresy. Either Christ's sacrifice, resurrection, and glorification at the right hand of the Father was enough or it wasn't.
I know people who are in "deliverance ministry" and many of them genuinely believe that they are teaching sound doctrine and really do want to help people. I am not questioning their motivations, though being in "deliverance ministry" sounds impressive enough and serves as a form of legitimization -- it is a play for power and attention in my mind. I have a real good friend who "specializes" in deliverance, and honestly, I have seen people helped. But mostly what he does isn't anything that any Chrisitan who spends time developing their life with the Master couldn't do. Many of the people who learned deliverance minisistry learned from people like Derek Prince, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagan, and the Word of Faith camp.

Usually soul ties is associated with something that is sinful -- premarital sex, fornication, entering into a bad contract with an unbeliever (which is funny since all of the people who teach this as an organization or movement like the Word of Faith have entered into a 501(3)C contract with the State for tax-exempt status, which the State is inherently made of unbelievers and against our Lord; talk about bad contracts) etc. If you were married to your husband in the Lord, as it sounds like, I fail to see how that is something sinful, rather it is commendable. My father passed away to the Lord about a year and a half ago. My mother has been struggling with it and still misses him. They were married for about 35 years. Of course you're going to struggle and have bad days and miss your spouse. It would be abnormal if you didn't. My dad died young at 54, and my mom just turned 55. My advice to her was if she thinks she is young enough, when she is ready and wants to be with someone that she should remarry. If she feels like she is to be a widow for the rest of her life and devote herself to training up the young women and the rest of the stuff that Paul admonishes widows who are widows indeed to do, then do that. That would be my recommendation also. I don't doubt that your friends are sincere in their beliefs -- they probably really care and want to help you overcome your grief and sense of loss, and I don't doubt that just like the rest of the Word of Faith campers that they are genuine in their beliefs -- these are good people who really do want to see the kingdom of God manifest itself as they understand it. They are just incorrect in their doctrine. Deliverance is something that every Christian can do (cast out devils) and sometimes a listening ear is more necessary than any kind of pseudo spiritual solution. My condolances to you.
Reason:

_glow

Post by _glow » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:20 pm

Hi Anon ! I am not sure if that is your name or short for anonymous . Either way I thank you for your kind words. I do agree with basically everything you said. It is so confusing sometimes when we all have the same father but we decipher his word different sometimes. I like to feel we all have a piece of the pie ( one body needing all parts) I try very hard not to judge anothers position and also believe they ( fellow brothers and sisters) are really trying to follow their hearts and do what they decipher as Gods word and will in their lives and how they apply it as best they can.Maybe being a woman though I sometimes feel like I am expected to not question what I may be recieving as "teaching" from others in areas where men I have known seem very convicted in their positions and I feel in my spirit , the way I have deciphered Gods word , that they are wrong or straying from the truth. Many time in those cases I have yielded to their authority and taken their position. (as in going to Deliverance instruction and an actrual deliverance experience). But I finally just couldn't support it. Eventually though, my concious just didn't feel at peace with it and I did turn from it. I also don't believe I need any kind of "xtra" help in learning to settle my next steps in life also with my husband gone ( deliverance for occasional tears or thoughts of mssing him). We were both 51 when he died , I am now 54.( I also can really relate with your parents timing of their ages and loss). It is a tough age to loose your loved one. It is kind of like going through a middle aged crisis as the world talks about (which does have some place here) prematurely and all the hopes and dreams you had of sharing your older age with your mate are dashed let alone the financial pieces you have to scramgle together. It also can be an incredible time to let the Lord in your life in a deeper more real sense also. I don't think I would still be here if I didn't have him by my side always. But You feel to young to step into an "old age, retirement mind set in the world but getting married again is a tough issue when you loved your mate and were with them so long. You have not only fond memories etc but basic habits in the mind and flesh you developed with them all those years.I did start to date last year . I wasn't planning on it But one day in prayer I heard a very distinct calling from the Lord who I believe told me to get out of the grave with my husband and that he had another man to be in my life that would know me like no other, watch over me and I would serve the Lord with him.I set out and ended up getting into a relationship with a man several states away that in my flesh I don't think I would have actually been that atracted to him but my heart was pulled to this man and I have stayed in a relationship with him since. I am still waiting on how it will alll work out and the correct direction but I still see his hand in it It is not easy starting over whether dating or not. Memories of a 30* year marriage don't fade fast nor should they. Also we are all so different many times in our thinking even when we have the same Father. I am still leaning on the Lord as I go and sites like this and others are very helpful to me in many ways.after mentioning your mom , if she would ever like to talk to me or have another females ear to listen I would be more than happy to listen. I have come to the conclusion at this point in my life anyways the only one who really understands the loss of a mate in death on this planet is another who has walked in their shoes. Thank you again for your kind words. I find it very refreshing on this site to find open minds and alot less legalism than I am used to > I don't mean denying Gods word but a less critical point of view of applying scriptures than I have experienced alot in the past including politics. Scriptures and their application built on love and personal appreciation of what the Lord has done for us persoanlly rather than "knowledge" of scripture and application out of fear. and control. I hope your spirit sings in a very special way for you today and God comes closer to you in your heart of hearts. Enjoy! God Bless Glow
Reason:

Return to “Angelology & Demonology”