getting pitchforked in hell

Angels & Demons
_TK

getting pitchforked in hell

Post by _TK » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:06 am

Is there any reference in the scripture to demons (or satan) actually tormenting people in hell?

The reason that i ask is that i listened to a recording of a guy named Bill Wiese who claims to have spent 23 minutes in hell. it can be found here:

http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/ ... l_Text.htm

i have numerous problems with his story, but one of the main points he stresses is the role than the demons had in tormenting him, e.g. tearing his skin off, breaking all his bones, trying to tear his limbs off, etc. my understanding is that in hell, the demons (and satan) will be tormented, not doing the tormenting.

TK
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

_STEVE7150

Post by _STEVE7150 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:28 pm

Right you are TK. There are many other testimonies of people who claim to have visted hell and heaven. Mary Baxter has a book about her visit to hell as well as Kenneth Hagin and Choo Thomas. Choo's book called "Heaven is So Real" describes people in hell as naked with fire burning on the ground all the time if i remember correctly. . And heaven is described as magnificent with beautiful buildings and rich vegatation and intense colors.
But i don't believe the bible confirms these visions and i suspect these people are imagining what they had taught to them.
Reason:

_MLH

Post by _MLH » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:18 pm

My belief ( hope I am correct) is that there is not a "hell" as hell fire...
But, a separation from God.....And, I was raised penecostal/charismatic..
Boy I hope I am correct...Anyways, no scaring me with that HELL stuff.

:lol:
Reason:

_roblaine

Post by _roblaine » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:58 pm

Hi Tk,

If this view is correct(and I doubt it is), wouldn't that make Satan and his demons victorious in some sense? In my studies I see Satan and his angels cast into the lake of fire, and some joining him and sharing in his punishment.

Personally, I find little reason to believe such stories. I read a good critique of Mary Baxter, and if I can find the link I will post it.

Robin
Reason:
God Bless

Return to “Angelology & Demonology”