Can Satan read our thoughts?

Angels & Demons
_Paidion

Post by _Paidion » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:29 am

I think that no matter what you learn first this becomes your foundation and people need a foundation for safety and stability. ...you will most likely stick to what you were taught first and you will especially stick to it if this is the mainstream opinion.
What if what you're taught first is a false foundation? Jws, for example, have a foundation of thought that has a certain degree of consistency within itself, and can even seem to be consistent with the Bible, if interpreted in accordance with their foundation of thought. But the religion based on that foundation will ultimately fall, for that foundation is not the foundation of Christ.

What we were first taught, obviously, can be false, no matter how widely it is accepted. If I had stuck with what I was first taught, I would still subscribe to easy believism, that how I live my life has no relationship to whether or not I go to heaven. After all it's "not of works", you know. I would also subscribe to the belief that all events, every murder, every rape, every torture, is in accordance with God's will, and is indeed part of God's "Grand Plan". I would still believe that a few people have been chosen by God to go to heaven eternally, while the vast mass of humanity, well over 99% have been predestined by God to spend eternity in Hell, including those who have never heard the gospel or even of Christ.
I would still believe that once "saved" always "saved" so that no matter what I did after I received Christ, I'd still go to heaven. I would still believe that prayer doesn't really make any difference in what will actually happens, since God has planned out every event in detail from before the beginning of creation. I would still believe that the only purpose in prayer is the effect it has on us. I would believe that there is no way we could ever change God's mind through prayer.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
Paidion
"Not one soul will ever be redeemed from hell but by being saved from his sins, from the evil in him." --- George MacDonald

_PAULESPINO

Post by _PAULESPINO » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:25 am

Hi Brother Beaver,
Once I was thinking about an old friend and then all of a sudden my father asked me wether I have heard anything from him since he moved away. It was totally strange. I have not talked to my father about this friend in years and then all of a sudden he asks me this question while I have been thinking about him a few seconds before, isn't this a huge coincidence?
One of the possibility is that Satan can give you an idea by whispering to your ear and at the same time Satan will also whisper that idea to your father therefore it will look like you and your father were thinking of the same thing simultaneously.
Reason:

_Allyn

Post by _Allyn » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:21 am

PAULESPINO wrote:Hi Brother Beaver,
Once I was thinking about an old friend and then all of a sudden my father asked me wether I have heard anything from him since he moved away. It was totally strange. I have not talked to my father about this friend in years and then all of a sudden he asks me this question while I have been thinking about him a few seconds before, isn't this a huge coincidence?
One of the possibility is that Satan can give you an idea by whispering to your ear and at the same time Satan will also whisper that idea to your father therefore it will look like you and your father were thinking of the same thing simultaneously.
You know Paul, I never thought of it that way before. If that is true then this clears up a lot of questions for me about the so called telepathy. Satan decieves and that is what he is all about so if he can get two people to think about something at the same time and in the same room or not then the door is wide open for all the other weaknesses we have. Thanks for that nugget, Paul.
Reason:

Return to “Angelology & Demonology”