Luke 21:22. Was All Bible Prophecy Fulfilled at AD 70?

End Times
Paidion

Re: Luke 21:22. Was All Bible Prophecy Fulfilled at AD 70?

Post by Paidion » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:46 pm

...you are the one who spiritualizes or allegoricalizes
SAD! SAD! SAD!
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

TheEditor

Post by TheEditor » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:10 pm

HI Robby,

Okay, I assumed that you meant the Jews, but I was just confirming. What makes you think Peter's use of the term "dispersion" was not a metaphoric reference to Gentile believers? (1Pet. 1:18; 1Pet. 2:10; 1Pet.4:3) Furthermore, what makes you think the Ten Tribes were "lost"?

Regards, Brenden.
[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

robbyyoung

Post by robbyyoung » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:47 am

TheEditor wrote:HI Robby,

Okay, I assumed that you meant the Jews, but I was just confirming. What makes you think Peter's use of the term "dispersion" was not a metaphoric reference to Gentile believers? (1Pet. 1:18; 1Pet. 2:10; 1Pet.4:3) Furthermore, what makes you think the Ten Tribes were "lost"?

Regards, Brenden.
Hi Brenden,

I do not want to get diverted from the question regarding the contextual timing of the "original audience". Unless one is trying to prove "The Original Audience" didn't exist, Peter's letter reached it's destination and it's readers were told what to expect in their future. Where in the context of this letter does it state otherwise for the original audience to disregard and apply it to another people, place and time?

If you are interested, here's a great study by Dave Curtis of The Berean Bible Church concerning "Who are the Gentiles?". By the way, I'm using "lost" in the sense of "scattered" if that makes it better.

1st Study - http://www.bereanbiblechurch.org/transc ... _video.php
2nd Study - http://www.bereanbiblechurch.org/transc ... _video.php

God Bless.

Return to “Eschatology”