Manuscript Variances in Revelation

End Times
Duncan

Re: Manuscript Variances in Revelation

Post by Duncan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:11 pm

The equivalent term to "alpha and omega" (i.e., "first and last") is clearly used of Jesus in Rev. 1:17 and 2:8.
Rev. 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as one dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying, Fear not; I am the first and the last,
18 and the Living one; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive for evermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.

2:8 And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These things saith the first and the last, who was dead, and lived again:

So even if you think it is God the Father speaking in 22:13 you still have the same title applied to both Jesus and God the Father.

12 Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to render to each man according as his work is.

13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.

What exactly is your theory again Darin? Not sure I am understanding you. I must say, if you have to resort to Muslim commentators to support it that is not a good sign. They are quite biased against the deity of Jesus due to their Islamic beliefs.

Return to “Eschatology”