The Woman and the Dragon in revelation 12

End Times
robbyyoung

Re: The Woman and the Dragon in revelation 12

Post by robbyyoung » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:41 am

TruthInLove wrote:Hi robbyyoung,

Thank you so much for your response! I've reviewed the video links you gave. The link you listed 1st seems to be the most relevant to this topic since this is where Mr. Rood acknowledges several of the same historical celestial events that Dr. Martin has identified. They both agree that one of these events bears a striking resemblance to the Woman at the beginning of Revelation 12 (between time markers 12:09-12:56 in your 1st video link).

However, I might point out a few differences in their interpretations. It seems Mr. Rood and Dr. Martin are in disagreement on at least 3 points:

First, they seem to disagree about what the crown of 12 stars refers to. Mr. Rood associates the crown of 12 stars with the stars in the constellation Leo in which Jupiter came into the 1st of 3 very close conjunctions with Regulus (between time markers 12:09-12:56). Incidentally, this was happening at the same time the sign of the Woman occurred. Dr. Martin on the other hand associates the crown with the 12 visible stars in the constellation Coma Berenices (The Diadem/Crown) which resides directly over Virgo's head.

Second, they also seem to disagree about when Christ was actually born. Mr. Rood associates the birth of Christ with the 1st day of the Feast of Tabernacles in an unspecified year (between time markers 10:45-11:38) whereas Dr. Martin associates the time of Christ's birth at the precise interval of time when the sign of the Woman appeared.

The third point of disagreement seems to be the identification of the astral sign that the Magi saw and interpreted announcing the birth of Christ. Mr. Rood associates this with the sign of the Woman and the 1st Jupiter-Regulus conjunction (between time markers 12:09-12:56). Dr. Martin identifies the sign witnessed by the Magi as a sequence of celestial events involving Jupiter - most notably 2 exceedingly close conjunctions with Venus and the previously mentioned 3 conjunctions with Regulus. (see points IV.F.1,3 & 4 and V.C.4,6 & 9 in the outline at http://versebyverse.org/doctrine/birthofchrist.html)

While the interpretation adopted by Mr. Rood has certainly it's merits, I personally think Dr. Martin's interpretation fits much better with the other independent evidence which he presents in detail in his book.

At any rate, thank you very much for your reply. If you feel inclined to investigate Dr. Martin's work further, please let me know your thoughts.

Blessings
Hi TruthInLove,

Mr. Rood and Dr. Martin are both, close to the truth, with Dr. Martin having a better argument in support of the evidence. I think it's amazing how God established "Astrology"(Gen 1:14), and gave man the names of the constellations(Isaiah 40:26, Job 9:9 & Job 38:31-33). Daniel was amazing. Being the chief Magi or Astrologer, Daniel paid attention to the signs in the heavens, and never succumbed to the folly of worshipping the sun, moon, and stars(Deu 4:19).

Revelation 12:1-2 is astrology giving us Christ's birth at The Feast of Trumpets, during a New Moon in and around 11-13 Sep, 3 B.C., which would put conception in Dec of 4 B.C. Now wouldn't it be 'tongue-in-cheek' for God to have Christ's conception on 25 Dec - LOL!

What I haven't been able to pin-point is the connection of Rev 12:3 with astrology, if this is a parallel. Do you happen to know of any scholarly work concerning this sign?

P.S. Here's a wonderful documentary that I think you will enjoy! http://youtu.be/ff-Gp194XUU

God Bless.

Return to “Eschatology”