Some interesting quotes by church fathers

The Church
Pierac

Re: Some interesting quotes by church fathers

Post by Pierac » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:27 pm

karenprtlnd wrote:
Pierac wrote:
karenprtlnd wrote:Pierac's studies themselves have shown to be so extensive, with a kind of focused suffering at its very foundation, that it has been hard to ignore. Contrasted by merely incessant interuptions of sudden subjective argument, which is the exibited "style" throughout the forum, I just wanted to say, that these personal studies, compiled by many on the forum, have not gone unnoticed.
Labels are often uses to dismiss that which can not be explained away with logic and truth. So what specific example can you offer? You will not hurt my feelings, as my research is just that, research. I think the word you are looking for is "mystery." I'm familiar with your doctrine that attempts to explain all you do not understand as a 'mystery.' I'm cool with that but don't label me while I search for the truth. ;)

Paul
As for specific examples? and how would you know my doctrine eccept by what you've been taught by those who've already "labeled" it? This is no mystery... There are very few mysteries in LDS-ism (eccept how it alots its Tithes and Offerings or "calls" its own officers).

The Roman Catholic (and others) is the "Mystery" claimer and "bad people" namer, not the LDS.

As for your research. I fail to understand how I may have labeled you while you search for truth. I appologize. You cannot hide that you have struggled for such a vast clearity you intend to defend, yet there are many people who already share many of your views, for instance your non-trinitarian views. The tendency for your work to sound so close to the Messianic Jew, then to find out that you've come out of Roman Catholicism, is a very specific "suffering". this was not intended to be a label.
I have no idea what you just communicated in your posted? :(

You have got to speak clearer for us old timers. ;)

Paul

Jill

Post by Jill » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:43 pm

Last edited by Jill on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pierac

Re: Some interesting quotes by church fathers

Post by Pierac » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:52 pm

karenprtlnd wrote:Those were some great quotes from some great christian thinkers out of the early centuries post the Event of Jesus Christ. Very ancient Eastern continent materials. I have never been exposed to these materials, and to get some great choice samples from the forum has been truely exciting. Thank you to the choosers, combiners, and submitters of such great materials.
Amen sister...CLV Ecc 3:10 I see the experience that Elohim (God) gives To the sons of humanity to humble them by it. 11 He has made everything fitting in its season; However, He has put obscurity in their heart So that the man may not find out His work, That which the One, Elohim(God), does from the beginning to the terminus."

;)
Paul

Return to “Ecclesiology”