Jesus given glory?

God, Christ, & The Holy Spirit
21centpilgrim

Jesus given glory?

Post by 21centpilgrim » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:32 pm

John 17;22 The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one,

what is this glory that the Father gave the Son before the cross and resurrection that he did not have before it was given him? It seems to be a glory that brings unity....

Any thoughts? thanks
Then those who feared the LORD spoke with each other, and the LORD listened to what they said. In his presence, a scroll of remembrance was written to record the names of those who feared him and loved to think about him.

Paidion

Re: Jesus given glory?

Post by Paidion » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:25 pm

Perhaps the following is a possibility:

Though Jesus was in perfect unity with his Father prior to his incarnation, he had to learn this unity as a human being. Thus his Father constantly taught him and gave him that "glory" again that he had with the Father prior to his incarnation so that he would continue in this complete unity with the Father even as a complete human being. Christ gave this same "glory" to his disciples, so that they would come into the same unity that existed between the Father and the Son, during the Son's sojourn in this world.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “Theology Proper, Christology, Pneumatology”