Jesus operated by the Holy Spirit reference?

God, Christ, & The Holy Spirit
KyleB

Jesus operated by the Holy Spirit reference?

Post by KyleB » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:41 am

Is there a verse that states something to the effect that everything Jesus did, He did by the power of the Holy Spirit?

Thanks,
-Kyle

steve

Re: Jesus operated by the Holy Spirit reference?

Post by steve » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:23 am

Nothing quite so sweeping, but I think it may be extrapolated from verses like the following:

Matthew 12:28
But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Acts 1:2
until the day in which He was taken up, after He through the Holy Spirit had given commandments to the apostles whom He had chosen,

Heb.9:14
how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:29 am

I also like Acts 10:38 in this regard

God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, and he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.

KyleB

Post by KyleB » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Thanks for the help guys. I was having a conversation yesterday about Jesus' human frailty. I was trying to establish that Jesus was limited in all the ways that we are, but that since He walked perfectly with God, He was perfectly enabled by the Holy Spirit to do all that He did (both His perfect character and miracles).

Return to “Theology Proper, Christology, Pneumatology”