"New" evidence regarding Sabbath & church fathers

God, Christ, & The Holy Spirit
hiddenshapes

Re: "New" evidence regarding Sabbath & church fathers

Post by hiddenshapes » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:06 am

mmathis wrote:
@hiddenshapes

Sorry you don't like the SDA. I don't belong any longer either. Most other preachers I listen to, agree that the mark of the beast is a bad deal if you take it. I'm not sure any of them have ever consulted the SDA. So, if they don't read SDA brochures, where are they getting that?
Just to be clear..It's not that I dont like them as people.. I think they have their heart in the right place.. they just seem to 'miss the forest for the trees' when it comes to the gospel..
There is a public TV station called 3ABN that broadcasts in my Grandfathers town.. this is how it started..

That brings things back to my original post..

If the early church believed we are required to keep the Sabbath commandment.. It would shed some light on what we may be required to do today. If it is true God IS expecting this from us.. It IS an essential doctrine.

I want to seek to do Gods will.. whatever that may be.. whatever that may require..

Something like 'Eternal Security' could color the way we live as Christians but I think it would be hard to push it into the 'essential' category.. though some might..

Return to “Theology Proper, Christology, Pneumatology”