"in heaven and on the earth and under the earth"

God, Christ, & The Holy Spirit
verbatim

Re: "in heaven and on the earth and under the earth"

Post by verbatim » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:04 pm

steve 7150 wrote:
You may think it's needless to say God is the Savior of all men but Paul didn't think it was needless since he said exactly those very words in 1st Tim 4.10
I had use the word needless to say because I would like to emphasis that there is only one Savior of men Christ, the Son of living God.
It all started here on your last post July 18, 7:51 PM
steve7150 wrote:
Some verses that i think call Jesus the Savior of all men are,

"the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world" 1st John 4.14

"for we have heard for ourselves and know that this really is the Savior of the world" John 4.42

"because we have put our hope in the living God who is the Savior of everyone, especially of those who believe" 1st Tim 4.10
Verbatim wrote:
I’m sorry none of the verse you gave doesn’t show that Jesus is the Savior of all men.
1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
So, I have to clarify that Jesus the Son of Mary is not the man’s Savior but Christ the Son of the living God. Acts 13:23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus: And to thy seed, which is Christ. Galatians 3:16
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:40 pm

So, I have to clarify that Jesus the Son of Mary is not the man’s Savior but Christ the Son of the living God. Acts 13:23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus: And to thy seed, which is Christ. Galatians 3:16

Jesus was called "Christ Jesus" by Paul, they are one and the same.

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:33 pm

steve 7150 wrote:
Jesus was called "Christ Jesus" by Paul, they are one and the same.
Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
This is also words of Paul in his letter o Colossians which mean “that in him” dwelleth all the

fullness of the Godhead bodily, which is parallel of Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God
with us.
Yes, they are one but not the same, John3:6 John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh;
that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Jesus is born and conceived by Mary, Christ is begotten by the Father Psalm 2:7, Hebrew 1:5
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:49 pm

Yes, they are one but not the same, John3:6 John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh;
that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Jesus was also born of the Spirit unless you have the JWs definition of born of the Spirit, which is resurrection. Sounds like you do.

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:24 pm

Steve 7150 wrote:
Jesus was also born of the Spirit unless you have the JWs definition of born of the Spirit, which is resurrection. Sounds like you do.

No, I’m not a member of JW as you insinuated, please don’t make accusation without basis instead show me your proof, Scripture that show Jesus was also born of the Spirit.
Jesuss born of a woman, Mary and Christ is born again when he was baptized and anointed by
the Father when God said in; Matthew 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my
beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Resurrection does not mean born by spirit, but to rise from the dead or rising of Jesus from the dead through Christ who was the glory of the Father: and which all believer shall be resurrected.

Rom 6:4-5 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was
raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of
life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the
likeness of his resurrection:

Regards.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:45 pm

No, I’m not a member of JW as you insinuated, please don’t make accusation without basis instead show me your proof, Scripture that show Jesus was also born of the Spirit.

I didn't insinuate or make accusations, i said your belief sounds like JW which it does. Jesus was filled with the Spirit so i'm not sure how you can be filled with the Spirit but not born from the Spirit.

Candlepower

Post by Candlepower » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Hello Verbatim,

You misspoke, probably unintentionally, when you said,
Jesus is born and conceived by Mary
Matthew, however, said
But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
Normal human conception requires an egg cell and a sperm cell. In Jesus' case, there was no sperm cell involved. Instead, He was miraculously conceived by the Holy Spirit.

Blessings

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:34 pm

steve 7150 wrote:
I didn't insinuate or make accusations, i said your belief sounds like JW which it does. Jesus was filled with the Spirit so i'm not sure how you can be filled with the Spirit but not born from the Spirit.
Sorry, if I misread your quotation, but I am really member of any denomination.
All men have spirit in them but not all are born again of Spirit, a true born again of Spirit has a seal of the Holy Spirit Rev 14:1 with his and his Father’s name written on their foreheads (mind).
2 Cor 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Romans 8:8-10 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh,
but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit
of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit
is life because of righteousness.

This reminded me when Nicodemus ask Jesus; How can a man be born when he is old? can he
enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? This is what I would like to ask you.

In my opinion James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a
kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God,
which liveth and abideth for ever. This pertain to the seed who was Christ John1:1, Galatians 3:16

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Candlepower wrote:Hello Verbatim,

You misspoke, probably unintentionally, when you said,
Jesus is born and conceived by Mary
Matthew, however, said
But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
verbatim wrote:
How about this, Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Agree, that Jesus was conceived through Holy Spirit but it was Mary who brought forth (conceived in her womb).
Candle power wrote:
Normal human conception requires an egg cell and a sperm cell. In Jesus' case, there was no sperm cell involved.
Is this a biblical teaching?

Regards.

Candlepower

Post by Candlepower » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:12 am

Verbatim,

Thank you for your question.

Candlepower stated,
Normal human conception requires an egg cell and a sperm cell. In Jesus' case, there was no sperm cell involved. Instead, He was miraculously conceived by the Holy Spirit.
Verbatim asked
Is this a biblical teaching?
I do believe this is Biblical teaching. Here's why. When the angel told Mary she was going to have a baby, she asked “How can this be, since I do not know a man?” (Luke 1:34). She was asking, "How can this be, since I am a virgin?" In Matthew 1:18, we are told that before Mary and Joseph had sexual intercourse, Mary was already pregnant. Joseph, naturally, was a bit concerned about that, and the angel helped him understand what was happening (Matthew 1:20). So Mary was a virgin who became pregnant without the the help of a man.

Conception (or fertilization) is the fusion of a sperm cell with an egg cell to produce a new organism. We know from Biblical testimony that In Mary's case, no sperm caused the conception. Therefore, it took a miracle for a virgin to conceive. That miracle was performed by the Holy Ghost (Luke 1:35). It happened outside of normal human biology.

Return to “Theology Proper, Christology, Pneumatology”